In Track-POD, you can send notifications to your customers both by e-mail and SMS with a link that will be used to track a driver's location on the map. Let your customers know where their delivery is in real-time. This message is sent out once a driver taps the Start Route button.
Go to Settings -> Live Tracking.
- First, configure the Live tracking settings.
- Tick the box Live tracking link displays signature and photos if you want the customer's signature and order photos to be displayed in the tracking link window once the order delivery/collection has been completed. After the order has been completed the tracking page will be updated and your client will see order status, address, date&time, signature, and a photo taken by the driver.
- If you want your clients to see their place in line please tick Live tracking link displays client’s place in line option. Please note that changing order sequence by a driver in the mobile app will not affect information displayed to the client. However you can prohibit changing order sequence in the mobile app in Track-POD Settings->Mobile workflow.
There are two tabs - Email notifications and SMS notifications.
- To send a live tracking link to your customers by e-mail tick box Send e-mail notification to clients. Edit the email body to your needs. You can insert any tag from the legend on the right in the email text to provide your customers with the most detailed information.
- Fill your company contact information in Contact info at the bottom of the tab.
- Once a driver starts a route your Client will receive an email with a link and contact info. By following the link your client will be able to track their order at any moment in real-time.
To send a live tracking link to your customer by SMS move to the SMS notification tab and tick the box Use SMS pre notifications.
Please note, that SMS notifications are charged extra. Click the Save button to save your changes.
Once a driver starts a run your customers with phone numbers specified in order info will receive short text messages and will be able to track your driver in real-time.